1. Respond to the following in a Primary Post of at least 200 words.
CHOOSE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING TO RESPOND TO:
A. Describe the positive and negative aspects of life in large American cities.
B. What was the Dawes Act, and why did Native Americans share a different perspective regarding its provisions than the dominant society? Describe the way one tribe resisted the Dawes Act?
C. Perhaps most revealing aspect of black migration was the way white Northerners and Westerners, despite years of vocal concern for the plight of Southern blacks, sought to prevent these families from migrating to their communities.
- How does the exodus demonstrate Northern sentiment regarding Reconstruction?
- In what ways does the exodus demonstrate black agency?
- What were the challenges black migrants faced as they moved to the West?
2. Post your Primary Post to the discussion.
3. Review your classmates' Primary Posts.
4. Thoughtfully respond to a minimum of two classmates with 100 word Secondary Posts each.
5. Be sure to cite all sources (if used).
The content of this page is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License
except for any elements that may be licensed differently. The content of this page includes:
If you believe that a portion of this Open Course Framework infringes another's copyright, contact us.