A political cartoon, is an illustration designed to send a message that usually relates to current events or personalities.
Political cartoons typically combine artistic skill, hyperbole and satire in order to question authority and draw attention to corruption and other social ills.
1. Choose three (3) political cartoons. Be sure your selections fall in the years between 1865-Present. If needed, review the following sites to assist you in your selection:
2. Review each cartoon
3. Prepare a report about all three (3) political cartoons that includes:
- the URL of each cartoon
- title of each political cartoon
- author of each political cartoon
- date of each political cartoon
- 3-5 sentence summary: answers what is the key issue addressed by the political cartoon?
- 3-5 sentence analysis: answers how effective is the political cartoon at communicating the message?
- 3-5 sentence reflection: answers how does the political cartoon affect you? what connections are you able to make with it?
4. Upload your report as a .doc, .docx, or .rtf file to the submission.