Capstone Essay Assignment
Turn assignment in via attachment in ‘Assignments’. It can be turned in ahead of the deadline.
Important – If you turn in this assignment late on the due date – please continue to check your email and grade book in case your file did not attach. If I do not have a file with an assignment and I cannot reach you to resolve the situation, I have no choice but to give you a zero on this assignment.
Points Possible – 50
Select one of the questions at the end of this document. After conducting research, craft a well written and proofed essay of approximately three pages. Here are some tips for writing a great essay please read:
What I look for in a great essay:
ü Includes a title page with student’s full name, course (History 152-79) and date.
ü Starts with a thesis statement or paragraph.
ü Answers the question(s) asked in a well-organized manner.
ü Statements are supported with research and sources are cited within the text of the essay (See how to cite sources within text here: http://library.duke.edu/research/citing/
ü If possible, essay uses previous research from the annotated timeline assignment as a reference.
ü Essay ends with an organized and well referenced conclusion.
ü Essay uses at least three references for support.
ü Essay does not use Wikipedia for a reference.
ü Essay includes a reference page that is organized according to writing style used or alphabetically by author or title and includes website addresses and date student accessed the site on internet sources.
ü Essay is proofed and contains no grammatical errors or misspelled words.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What writing style do you require for this assignment?
The writing style is not as important as consistency. Whichever style you select, please use it throughout the paper. MLA, APA, Chicago or Turabian are all acceptable. Here is a link to writing style questions that may be helpful: http://writing.wisc.edu/Handbook/Documentation.html
- How long should this paper be?
With the title page and reference page approximately four to five pages.
See file of excellent Capstone Essay from HIST 231:
Excellent Capstone Essay Example for HIST 232.docx
Questions – Select One:
1. Imagine that you have the opportunity to travel back through the time period we have been studying (1877- present). At what point in history would you like to stop and why?
2. What do you think has been the most important social or political movement of the time period under study? Why?
3. If you could spend a year with one of the people we have studied about in this class, whom would you choose? Why?
The content of this page is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License
except for any elements that may be licensed differently. The content of this page includes:
- Original content contributed by Tammi Littrel of Chadron State College to Kaleidoscope Project
- Original content contributed by Lumen Learning
If you believe that a portion of this Open Course Framework infringes another's copyright, contact us.