Write to five (5) of the following. Do not forget to indicate the significance of each item.
2. Dollar Diplomacy
3. John D. Rockefeller
4. Jane Addams
5. Haymarket Riot
7. Radical Republicans
8. James G. Blaine
9. Boxer Rebellion
Write on one (1) of the following.
1. What is the Roosevelt Corollary? What were President Theodore Roosevelt’s motives for establishing this corollary? Do you think he was justified? Why or why not?
2. The period following the Civil War is sometimes referred to as the second industrial revolution. What aspects of our modern way of life can be traced to the technical developments of this era?
3. Party choice in the late nineteenth century was usually determined by sectional differences, national origins, historical factors, and personality of party leaders. Which groups supported the Republicans? Which supported the Democrats?
The content of this page is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License
except for any elements that may be licensed differently. The content of this page includes:
- Original content contributed by Leon Waszak of Cerritos College to Kaleidoscope Open Course Initiative
- Original content contributed by Lumen Learning
If you believe that a portion of this Open Course Framework infringes another's copyright, contact us.